My DDS Logo
Pre-Apply for your CSC Visit
Alert Travel Alert: Plan ahead!! Temporary licenses and ID cards are no longer accepted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as proof of identification for boarding flights at airports. Please refer to the TSA web site for a list of acceptable documents.

Georgia Fingerprint Locations


Transportation Security Administration (TSA) HME Threat Assessment Program (HTAP)

Required Identity and Citizenship/Immigration Documentation

*As of November 2013*

You must provide identity/citizenship status documentation during enrollment, and the name on your documents must match exactly with the name you use on your application. If you have legally changed your name, you must provide a court-ordered name change document in addition to the required documentation. For example, if you present a U.S. birth certificate with your maiden name and a driver’s license with your married name, you must also provide a marriage certificate that shows the link between the names on the birth certificate and the driver’s license.

If you have any of the documents from List A below, please provide one of these documents during enrollment. If you do not have a document from List A, please see below for List B documents.

  List A: ONE document is acceptable from the following forms of identification:
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport (book or card) – demonstrates U.S. Citizenship
  • Unexpired Enhanced Tribal Card (ETC) – demonstrates U.S. Citizenship
  • Unexpired Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) – designates U.S. Citizenship
  • Unexpired Free and Secure Trade (FAST) Card – designates U.S. Citizenship
  • Unexpired NEXUS Card – designates U.S. Citizenship
  • Unexpired Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) Card – designates U.S. Citizenship
  • Unexpired U.S. Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – designates U.S. Citizenship
  • Permanent Resident Card (I-551) often referred to as a “Green Card” – demonstrates LPR status
  • Unexpired Foreign Passport AND immigrant visa with I-551 annotation of “Upon Endorsement Serves as Temporary I-551 Evidencing Permanent Residence of 1 Year” – demonstrates LPR status
  • Unexpired Re-entry Permit (I-327) – demonstrates LPR status

At least two documents are required if you do not have a document from List A. The documents must include 1) a valid photo ID, and 2) a document that meets citizenship requirements. For example, the combination of a driver’s license and a U.S. Social Security card contains a photo ID but does not demonstrate citizenship status and is not a valid combination. However, the combination of a valid driver’s license and U.S. birth certificate would meet the document requirements for enrollment.

List B: You MUST have at least ONE document from each column below for a total of TWO documents

The names on all documents MUST MATCH with your application name, unless you provide a valid proof of name change*

Photo ID + Proof of U.S. Citizenship + Name Change Document (if needed) = Valid Combination

Valid Photo ID

Valid Proof of Citizenship

  • Unexpired driver’s license issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S.
  • Unexpired photo ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the U.S. This must include a State or State agency seal or logo (such as a State university ID)
  • U.S. military ID card or U.S. retired military ID
  • U.S. military dependent’s card
  • Native American tribal document with photo
  • Unexpired Merchant Mariner License (MML) bearing an official raised seal, or a certified copy
  • Unexpired Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
  • Unexpired Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC)
  • Expired U.S. passport within 12 months of expiration**
  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or outlying possession of the U.S. bearing an official seal
  • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or 561)
  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or 570)
  • U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-179 or I-197)
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
  • Certification of Report of Birth Abroad (DS-1350 or FS-545)
  • Expired U.S. passport within 12 months of expiration**

* Valid Proof of Name Change (If Needed)

Original or Certified Copy of a Court Ordered Name Change Document (to include marriage certificates and divorce decrees) if the names on your photo ID and citizenship status document do not exactly match

** An expired U.S. passport may not be presented by itself. It must be presented with at least one other List B document (and a name change document if needed). You may provide a second List B document listed above, or one of the following: Voter’s Registration card, U.S. Social Security card, U.S. military discharge papers (DD-214), or a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card.


If used, money orders, company checks, or certified/cashier’s checks in the exact amount of $86.50 should be made out to “MorphoTrust USA.” Enrollment centers also accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express, and Discover credit cards, but not cash. No change or refunds will be given.


Participating State applicants may apply at or by phone at 1-855-347-8371, weekdays 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET. In addition, applicants from any State may check their application status at same website using the Check Status link and phone number.

Last Updated On: 7/9/2015