Click here to replace your Georgia license using our Internet Services.
Click here if you are not a US citizen
You may replace a lost or stolen license or ID card, or permit at any Customer Service Center for $5.00. To obtain a replacement, you must bring either:
- One document from Category A in the name as it appears on your license
- Two documents from Category B in the name as it appears on your driver’s license.
All documents must be in English. View the Translator List to locate an approved document translation company.
Category A - ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS ONLY. NO COPIES OR FAXES.
If Category A document is not in current license name, you will need to present one additional Category B document in the current license name.
- Original Birth Certificate (hospital certificates are not acceptable)
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate with raised or impressed seal.
- Certified birth registration.
- Certified copy of court records ( adoption, name or sex change).
- Certified naturalization documentation.
- Immigration ID card.
- Valid passport (not expired).
- Military ID card
- Non US Citizens - Valid foreign passport with valid I-94 card/stamp
- Valid foreign passport with valid I-94 card/stamp
- Valid resident alien card ( I-688 or I-551)
- Valid employment authorization card ( I-766 or I-688A or I-688B)
Category B - ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS ONLY. NO COPIES OR FAXES.
- Original Social Security Card
- Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate. Please note: by law, same sex marriage certificates cannot be accepted.
- Previous Year's Income Tax Return
- Current Auto, Home, Life or Health Insurance Policy ( Cards Not Accepted )
- Current Auto Registration Receipt
- Voter Registration Card
DDS can change a driver's license or ID number under the following circumstances only:
Last Updated On: 12/13/2012
- The current license number is the applicant's social security number.
- The applicant's driver's license and/or identification card has been stolen (the applicant must present to DDS a police report stating the license was stolen.)
How would you rate the quality of this article?
Tell us why you rated the article this way.