Click here to replace your Georgia license using our Internet Services.
Click here if you are not a US citizen
You may replace a lost or stolen license or ID card, or permit at any Customer Service Center for $5.00. To obtain a replacement, you must bring either:
- One ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from Category A in the name as it appears on your license. NO COPIES OR FAXES.
- Two documents from Category B in the name as it appears on your driver’s license.
All documents must be in English. View the Translator List to locate an approved document translation company.
Category A - One document is required from this category.
- U.S. Passport or Passport Card that has been expired for less than 10 years.
- Certified copy of a birth certificate filed with the State Office of Vital Statistics or equivalent agency in the customer’s state of birth (hospital certificates are not acceptable)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240, DS-1350 or FS 545)
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card (form I-551)
- Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD), Form I-766 or Form I-688B
- Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with a valid unexpired U.S. visa affixed accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United States
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
- Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
Category B - Two documents are required from this category.
- Original or certified copy of Marriage License. Please note: Georgia law prohibits state agencies from accepting same sex marriage licenses for any purpose.
- Original Social Security Card
- Previous Year Income Tax Return
- Current Auto, Home, Life or Health Insurance Policy (Cards Not Accepted)
- Current Automobile Registration Receipt
- Voter Registration Card
- Valid or expired Military Identification Card and/or Military Orders
DDS can change a driver's license or ID number under the following circumstances only:
Last Updated On: 9/29/2014
- The current license number is the applicant's social security number.
- The applicant's driver's license and/or identification card has been stolen (the applicant must present to DDS a police report stating the license was stolen.)
How would you rate the quality of this article?
Tell us why you rated the article this way.