My DDS Logo
Pre-Apply for your CSC Visit
Alert Travel Alert: Plan ahead!! Temporary licenses and ID cards are no longer accepted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as proof of identification for boarding flights at airports. Please refer to the TSA web site for a list of acceptable documents.

Limousine Chauffeur Permit FAQs

  1. Is the Chauffeur Permit an endorsement on your license?
    Yes.  Since July 1, 2012, DDS issues Driver Licenses with the “C” Endorsement to qualified individuals. Effective April 1, 2015, the Limousine Chauffeur Endorsement Application must be completed through DDS Online Services.  Approval letters will be emailed to the email address listed on your Online Chauffeur Endorsement application. When you receive your approval letter you will need to print it and take it to a DDS Customer Service Center to obtain your Driver’s License with the C Endorsement.
  2. How do I apply for a Limousine Chauffeur Endorsement?
    Effective April 1, 2015, all Limo Chauffeur Endorsement applications must be submitted through DDS Online Services.  In order to successfully submit the application, you must complete the application, upload all required documents, and pay online the $15 application fee.  You will receive a confirmation when your application has been submitted and you may check the status of your application by logging into your DDS Online Services account and selecting the Limo Chauffeur Endorsement option. All applicants are required to submit electronic fingerprints through the Georgia Applicant Processing System as part of the application process. To access the 3M privacy statement regarding the applicant's personal information, please visit
  3. I hold a Chauffeur Permit that was issued prior to July 1, 2012. Is my permit still valid? Do I need to obtain a new one?
    Yes. Any permit that was issued prior to the law change and that has not expired is still valid. Chauffeurs that were certified prior to July 1, 2012, have the option to update their Driver’s License with the “C” Endorsement.
  4. Do I still need a Chauffeur Permit if I have a CDL?
    Yes. Anyone driving a vehicle operated by a limousine company must hold a Chauffeur Permit.
  5. Do I need a Chauffeur Permit if I only drive a sedan limousine?
    Yes. A Chauffeur Permit is required for all vehicle types operated by a limousine company. This includes, but is not limited to, sedans, sport utility vehicles, vans, and extended limousines.
  6.  Do I have to be employed by a limousine company to apply for a Chauffeur Permit?
    Yes. All applicants must be employed by a limousine company that holds a Class B Carrier Certificate issued by the Georgia Department of Public Safety. All Chauffeur Permit applications must be accompanied by an authorization letter from the limousine company verifying employment.
  7. How can I replace my lost or stolen permit?
    Since July 1, 2012, the Chauffeur permit is a “C” Endorsement on the Driver’s License. If you lose your Driver’s License, please visit your local DDS Customer Service Center to obtain a Replacement or if eligible you may request one through DDS Online Services.
  8. What is the process for renewing the Chauffeur Permit?
    The renewal process is handled in the same manner as an application for a new Chauffeur Endorsement.
  9. How long is a Chauffeur Endorsement valid?
    Since July 1, 2012, Chauffeur Endorsements are valid for the term of your Driver’s License unless it is suspended, revoked, or canceled. Those issued prior to July 1, 2012, are valid for a four year term unless it is suspended, revoked, or canceled.
  10. How do I obtain the new limousine license plate?
    Contact your local Tag Office or Georgia Department of Revenue for information on the new limousine license plate requirements.
  11. Where can I find information to start a limousine company?
    Although DDS regulates the Chauffeurs who are employed by limousine companies, the Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) is the state agency that regulates limousine and transportation companies. Visit for a list of certified limousine companies and information on starting your own company.
  12. If I experience problems with a chauffeur driver, what can I do?
    All complaints related to chauffeurs must be made using the official DDS Complaint Form.
Last Updated On: 3/30/2015