Important Message: The reinstatement fees, listed below, are current mandated fees for several drivers' license suspension types that DDS receives questions about as set forth by the Georgia General Assembly.
The effective conviction date, possibility of multiple convictions and/or suspensions and other factors in your specific case, can contribute to a different fee.
Over the next year, DDS will add more online reinstatement options including personalized step-by-step instructions for getting your driver's license reinstated.
Note: A discount is given when paying my mail or, where applicable, when paying online.
||Cost by Mail
||Cost in Person
|Child Support Non-Compliance
|DUI (First Offense for Age 21 and Over)
|Failure to Appear (FTA)
|No Proof of Insurance (First Offense)
|No Proof of Insurance (Second/More)
|Points Violation (First Offense)
|Points Violation (Second Offense)
|Points Violation (Third Offense)
||$50.00 **after payment of the $200.00 Super Speeder Fee.
Reinstatement Payment Options
Payments can be made by mail, online or in person.
- A discount is given to most reinstatement categories when paid online or by mail.
Department of Driver Services (DDS)
Post Office Box 80447
Conyers, Georgia 30013
- Along with your payment, please enclose the "Official Notice of Suspension" sent by DDS. The "Official Notice of Suspension" includes the court name, disposition and violation date.
- If no "Official Notice of Suspension" was received, please provide the full name, date of birth, driver's license number, address and social security number. Providing the correct information is very important and will allow DDS to quickly match the payment received with the correct driving record.
- Include any/all documentation such as a 'DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction' Certificate, if applicable.
- Submit payment in full, partial payments are not accepted.
- A discount will be given for eligible customers who use the mail-in option.
- All checks, money orders, and cashier's checks should be made payable to the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS).
- To pay by credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) please include a completed Credit Card Authorization Form.
- Driving privileges are reinstated after payment and all other reinstatement requirements are processed by DDS. This includes any additional outstanding suspensions.
- Failure to Appear (FTA) includes a discount.
- Super Speeder. (Super Speeder FAQs).
Over the next year, DDS will be adding more Online Reinstatement Options including personalized step-by-step instructions for getting your driver's license reinstated.
In Person Payments - DDS Customer Service Center
- You must present proof of identity to reinstate your driver's license.
- Bring all reinstatement documents to the CSC with you such as the "Official Notice of Suspension" sent to you by the DDS, which includes the court name, disposition and violation dates. Plus any other documentation such as a 'DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Certificate', if required.
- Payment must be paid in full, no partial payments will be accepted.
- All locations accept cash (U.S. currency only), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, debit cards issued with a MasterCard or Visa logo and checks (business and personal). Checks must be pre-printed with the customers (or business') name and address.
- Remember that all locations statewide are closed on Monday. Tuesday is the busiest day of the week for service. The middle of the week, during the middle of the day, is the best time for optimal service.
View a listing of Customer Service Center locations, hours of operation, services offered and/or to obtain driving directions.
Last Updated On: 8/10/2016