- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Pass Knowledge Exam.
- Pass Road Skills Test.
- Pass Vision Exam.
- Out-of-country driver's license/permit/ID card is returned to Non-US citizens with the following exceptions: commercial driver's licenses and permits.
- US Citizens must surrender any unexpired driver's license/permit/ID card issued by a foreign jurisdiction or US territory.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Current out-of-country or international driver's license or ID Card.
- If the applicant previously was issued a driver's license/permit/ID card in another state, and that card has been lost or stolen, the applicant must provide a certified copy of his or her driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card. The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days. The DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Non-Citizens Driver’s License, Permit or Identification Card One-Time Extension
The Department of Driver Services provides a one-time 120-day extension for any non-citizen who meets the following requirements:
Last Updated On: 8/9/2016
- Must be an existing DDS customer.
- The Georgia license, permit or Identification card must have expired or must be expiring within thirty (30) days.
- Must provide proof of having requested an extension for time to remain lawfully within the United States by presenting an original I-797C Notice of Action.