- Applicant must be a member of the Georgia National Guard or Reserve Forces in good standing and completed at least 1 year of satisfactory service.
- Pass Vision Exam.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Furnish the original Certificate of Eligibility (DS-318) obtained from the local National Guard Commanding Officer (this form is also due upon every renewal of a National Guard Driver's License)
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 8/10/2016
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia veteran's driver's license.
- To obtain any other class license, the applicant must successfully complete examinations for the class of driver's license desired.
- A veteran's driver's license can be obtained after 20 years of service with the National Guard. A certification obtained from the Adjutant General of the State of Georgia is also required when a National Guard applies for a Veteran's Driver's License.