- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Pass applicable Non-Commercial Knowledge Exam.
- Possess a valid Georgia driver's license.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Click here for more information.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
- Must be controlled/operated by the farmer, relatives or employees of the farmer.
- Must be used to transport agricultural products, farm machinery or farm supplies to or from a farm.
- Must be operated within 150 miles of the farm.
- Must not be operating as a common carrier (for profit or trade/barter).
Firefighter/ Emergency Vehicles
- Must be equipped with lights and a siren.
- Must be a vehicle necessary for the preservation of lives or property or the execution of emergency governmental.
- Must function as a fire truck, hook and ladder truck, foam or water transport truck, police special operations vehicle or ambulance.
- Must be exempt from normal traffic regulations when operating as an authorized emergency vehicle.
- Must operate the appropriate class of vehicle when accompanied by a person who is licensed to drive that class of vehicle, who is fit and capable of exercising control of the vehicle, and who is occupying a seat beside the driver.
Volunteer Firefighters may be able to obtain their class E or F license for free.
1) Volunteer Firefighters may visit a Customer Service Center and bring the following:
- DDS Form DS-517 printed and completed on company letterhead or a letter from the Chief Executive Officer on company letterhead
- Proof of volunteer firefighters current certification
Volunteer Firefighters will be issued a 5-year or 8-year class E or F driver’s license.
- Must be operated by military personnel or civilians who are required to wear military uniforms.
- Must operate the appropriate class of vehicle and be accompanied by a person who is licensed to drive that class of vehicle, who is fit and capable of exercising control of the vehicle, and who is occupying a seat beside the driver.
- Operators of recreational vehicles
Last Updated On: 10/7/2015
- Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings (GVWR), which determines the class of commercial driver's license being issued.
- There are no endorsements for a Class EP.