- Applicant must be a spouse of a disabled honorably separated veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces who does not have a driver's license or be the unmarried surviving spouse of a deceased honorably separated veteran.
- Spouse must have had residency in the state of Georgia either at the time of enlistment/ induction into the service or at least 2 consecutive years of residency preceding date of application.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful presence in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Unmarried surviving spouse must also submit the death certificate to Veterans Services to obtain the Certificate of Eligibility (DS-516).
- Furnish the original Certificate of Eligibility (DS-516) obtained from the Georgia Department of Veterans Services upon presentation of the spouse's Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214).
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 8/10/2016
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia Veteran's ID card.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID card if they possess a valid driver's license from another state.