- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must already be registered to vote in Georgia or be applying to register to vote as part of the application for an ID card.
- Do not have any other form of identification that is acceptable under O.C.G.A. 21-2-417 for identification at the polls in order to vote.
- Do not have an unexpired driver's license/ ID card issued by the State of Georgia.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful presence in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Furnish the original Certificate of Eligibility (DDS-579) obtained from DDS.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 11/18/2014
- Voter registration is a function of the county registrar's office. However, for convenience, citizens may apply to register to vote as part of applying for or renewing a Georgia driver's license or ID card at a DDS Customer Service Center.
- The Georgia DDS will forward citizen's applications to the appropriate county registrar's office for reviewing and processing. The county registrar's office will then issue voter registration cards.
- If a citizen does not receive information via the US Postal Service within 3 to 6 weeks, they should follow-up with their county registrar’s office or call (404) 656-2871 or toll-free 1 (888)265-1115.
- Citizens can also print a voter registration application at http://sos.georgia.gov/elections. If a citizen has moved, the voter registration must be updated by submitting a new application.
- Voter IDs are available free of charge at any county registrar's office.
- Voter IDs should be used for voting purposes only.
- VoteSafe Program.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID Card if they possess an unexpired driver's license from another state.