Scooters have become a popular and sensible transportation option. Many people perceive them to be safer and easier to handle than a motorcycle. The reality is that any two-wheel vehicle takes a different skill set to maneuver our streets.
With that in mind, the GMSP welcomes scooter owners to participate in our license waiver Basic and Experienced rider education courses. Scooter owners can now enroll their machine in a rider education program, and if successful, earn a license waiver.
Of course, there are a few rules.
- Students use their own scooters. No scooters are provided.
- The scooter must be owned, registered, and insured by the student.
- The scooter must be street-legal and be more then 50cc and less than 350cc.
- If the scooter is going to be ridden to and from class, a Class MP permit is required (note that some classes are held after dark and permit holders cannot ride after dark). Students can trailer the scooter to the training location.
- Scooter students must call GMSP at 678-413-8400 after registering and inform staff of their intention to use a scooter (so we can notify your Coach).
Register online or call 678-413-8400.