Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program (GMSP) Adds Two Training Dates to Schedule
Motorcycle Safety Experienced Rider Course to be held:
April 5 – Dalton (Whitfield County)
April 12 – Albany (Dougherty County)
The Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program (GMSP), a part of the Department of Driver Services (DDS), is offering the Experience Rider Course at two licensing customer service centers in April.
The training will be conducted in Dalton, Whitfield County, on Saturday, April 5th from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at the DDS Customer Service Center (CSC) at 235 Wagner Drive, Dalton, Georgia, 30721 and on Saturday, April 12th from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at the DDS CDL testing center at 1108 W. Oakridge Drive in Albany, Georgia, 31701.
DDS Commissioner Rob Mikell encourages all Georgia Riders to Get Licensed with Experienced Motorcycle Training.
The Experienced Course-License Waiver (ERC-LW) is a one-day workshop designed to improve your skills in braking, maneuvering, and turning. It provides the experienced motorcyclist with the "street strategies" necessary for survival. Using your own motorcycle, you’ll put into practice the techniques of managing traction, stopping quickly, cornering and swerving. The training also provides the opportunity to earn a Class M through a license waiver if necessary.
In order to participate, GMSP requires every rider to be prepared, specifically you must:
• Have 6 months (or 500 miles) riding experience
• Provide a signed waiver
• Have a street legal motorcycle (it will be inspected)
• Provide proof of ownership
• Provide proof of liability insurance
• Bring a parent or legal guardian to the course if under 18
• Have a valid drivers license or motorcycle permit
• Wear a DOT approved helmet
• Eye protection (faceshield, goggles, or glasses)
• Wear full fingered gloves, preferably leather
• Wear long sleeved shirt or jacket
• Wear sturdy pants (no shorts)
• Wear over the ankle boots
For additional course information, fees and online registration visit, http://www.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/gmsp/expridercourse.aspx
About the Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program
The Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program (GMSP) is a part of the Georgia Department of Driver Services. In addition to offering rider education and licensing programs, the GMSP also promotes motorist awareness programs, share the road campaigns, and is focused on highway safety issues affecting Georgia motorcyclists. The GMSP directly operates training sites throughout Georgia.