Department of Driver Services to accept Credit Card Payments for Risk Reduction Assessment Fees
The Regulatory Compliance Division of the Georgia Department of Driver Services is excited to announce that beginning January 1, 2011, we will accept Credit Card Payments for Assessment Fees. You will then have 6 payment options of submitting your Assessment Fees:
- Credit card
- Debit card that is used as a credit card with the Visa or Mastercard logo. We cannot accept a PIN entered debit card.
- Money order
- Certified Funds
- Cash (if hand delivered to DDS Headquarters in Conyers)
If you would like to take advantage of the pay by credit card option, please contact us to obtain the Credit Card Authorization Form. This form must be completed and submitted along with your Assessment Roster.
Please be mindful of the following:
- DDS will not retain your credit card information.
- You must complete and submit a Credit Card Payment Authorization Form each time you want to use the pay by credit card option.
- Please be mindful of your credit card limits.
- If your credit card is declined on 3 separate occasions, you will lose your privilege to pay by credit card.
- If assessment fees are declined or not received by the tenth (10th) calendar day of the month, the Department will mail the program a late notice which details the potential consequences of delinquent payments. If the delinquent assessment fees are rosters still have not been received by the first business day of the following month, the program shall be subject to an administrative fine.
For now, the credit card option is only for Assessment Rebates. In the future, we will explore accepting credit card payments for other Regulatory Compliance transactions such as application fees. Please feel free to contact us to obtain the Credit Card Authorization Form or if you have any questions at email@example.com or 678.413.8745.
As always, it is our goal to provide faster, friendlier, and easier customer service to the citizens of Georgia.
Last Updated On: 7/5/2011