(1) The Georgia Driver’s Education Commission is composed of eight (8) members.
(2) Each member of the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission shall serve for terms of four (4) years, except the members appointed prior to April 21, 2006, who shall serve the terms to which they were originally appointed.
(3) Members shall be appointed as provided in O.C.G.A. §15-21-173, with one (1) member appointed by the State Board of Education, two (2) members appointed by the Department of Driver Services, and one (1) member appointed by the director of the Governor's Office of Highway Safety shall appoint one member of the commission. The remaining four members of the commission shall be appointed by the Governor, two of whom shall be public school driver's education providers and the other two shall be private driver's education providers.
(4) In the event of death, resignation, disqualification, or removal for any reason of any member of the commission, the vacancy shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment and the successor shall serve for the unexpired term.
(5) In the event a member’s term expires prior to his or her successor being named, said member shall continue to serve until such time as a successor is named.
(6) The Governor shall designate a chairperson of the commission from among the members, which chairperson shall serve in that position at the pleasure of the Governor. The commission may elect such other officers and committees as it considers appropriate.
(7) The commission, with the approval of the Governor, may employ such professional, technical, or clerical personnel as deemed necessary to carry out the purposes of this article.
(8) The physical address of the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission is 2206 East View Parkway, Conyers, Georgia 30013.
(9) The mailing address of the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission is P.O. Box 80447, Conyers, Georgia 30013.
(10) All legal notices and correspondence regarding any matter within the jurisdiction of the Georgia Driver’s Education Commission should be directed one of the addresses set forth in this regulation.