My DDS Logo
Pre-Apply for your CSC Visit

Rules and Regulations

Rules and Regulations for Chapter 375-3-1

<< Back to Table of Contents

375-3-1-.26 Non-Commercial Class E and F Driver’s Licenses

(1)  Any resident who wishes to operate a Class A or B motor vehicle who is not required to possess a commercial driver’s license to do so must obtain a non-commercial Class E or F driver’s license.  Examples of individuals who would be eligible to operate a Class A or B motor vehicle with a non-commercial Class E or F driver’s license include, but are not limited to, agricultural vehicles, military vehicles, and firefighting apparatus or emergency vehicles.

(2)  To be eligible for a non-commercial Class E or F driver’s license, a person must meet the following requirements: 

(a)  Be at least 18 years of age;

(b)  Possess a valid Class C driver’s license;

(c)  Successfully complete any knowledge examinations applicable for the class of vehicle to be operated;

(d)  Pass a Vision Exam. The minimum acceptable vision is 20/60 in one eye, with or without corrective lenses, and a field of vision of at least 140 degrees: and

(e)  Submit a Driving Affidavit (Form DS-36) attesting to a minimum of 3 months or 3,000 miles of driving experience has been completed in a vehicle which represents the license class. If an applicant does not possess the requisite driving experience, he or she may be issued an instructional permit in the appropriate class upon successful completion of the knowledge examination as provided in Paragraph (c), supra. 


Authority: 40-5-4
Filed Date: 8/24/2010
Effective Date: 9/13/2010