(1) All applications for the issuance of a restricted commercial driver's license should be submitted at least 60 days and not more than 150 days prior to receiving a restricted commercial driver’s license.
(2) All items of information on the application must be completed in full or the application may be returned or rejected.
(3) An applicant must certify that during the two years preceding the CDL application date he/she:
(a) has not had more than one driver's license;
(b) has not had a license revocation, suspension, or cancellation;
(c) has not been involved in a chargeable accident;
(d) has not received any citations which would initiate a suspension, revocation, cancellation, or disqualification; and
(e) has not had more than one conviction for any violation of a serious traffic violation as defined in O.C.G.A. §40-5-142(22).
(4) An applicant must certify that he/she has held a valid driver's license for at least one year and possesses at least one year of driving experience.
(5) An applicant must certify employment in one of the following
(a) farm retail outlet and/or suppliers;
(b) custom harvesters;
(c) agri-chemical business;
(d) livestock feeders.
(6) No application or licensing fee will be required from applicants possessing a veteran's status license or those who have qualified through the Veteran's Administration. Such qualification shall be submitted in writing with the form DDS-516 and must be attached to the commercial driver's license application when submitted to the Department.
(7) Out of state CDL applicants are not exempt from the $35.00 application fee unless the applicant has previously held a Georgia veteran's license and proof is shown accordingly.
(8) Upon approval of the application, the applicant may obtain a Restricted Commercial Driver's License. The Commercial Driver's License Unit will issue the Farm Service Related Industries Waiver card. The card will be issued for a continuous 180 day period. Applicants are permitted to obtain one waiver card in any twelve month period. In order for the restricted commercial driver license holder to operate a commercial motor vehicle, he/she must also possess a valid Farm Related Services Waiver card. The restricted commercial driver's license will be issued for a four year period and will allow the operation of non-commercial vehicles during this time.
(9) Holders of restricted commercial driver’s license will be required to yearly submit application and fee to the Commercial Driver's License Unit. Upon receipt, the Commercial Drivers License Unit will issue a new Farm Related Service Industry card to applicants who have not been disqualified.