(1) Customers who need to change the name, date of birth, gender, or Social Security number reflected on their restricted commercial driver’s licenses must bring acceptable documentary evidence of such change to a customer service center for review by a license examiner. Such customers shall also execute an affidavit confirming such changes on a document promulgated by the Department.
(2) If the license examiner determines that the documents provided by a customer pursuant to paragraph (1) of this regulation are satisfactory, he or she shall forward copies of the affidavit and any supporting documents to the Commercial Driver’s License Unit (CDL Unit) of the Customer Service Licensing and Records Division at Headquarters.
(3) Upon receipt of documentation from a license examiner as provided in paragraph (2) of this regulation, the CDL Unit shall confirm the changes and notify the customer that his or her request has been approved. Such approval shall be provided in writing upon documentation promulgated by the Department.
(4) Customers who receive approval documentation pursuant to paragraph (3) of this regulation shall present such documentation to a license examiner at a customer service center to obtain a new restricted commercial driver’s license.
(5) The fees for such changes shall be as follows:
(a) Renewal of a restricted commercial driver’s license shall be $20.00;
(b) No fee shall be charged for a restricted commercial driver’s license for a veteran; and
(c) No fee shall be charged for a first change of name or address to a restricted commercial driver’s license. Any subsequent changes within the same renewal period shall be $20.00.