375-3-3-.11 One Year Limited Permit Application
(a) Any person age eighteen (18) or older whose driver’s license has been suspended pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-57.1 as a result of a conviction for speeding where such person’s speed was at least twenty-four (24) miles per hour over the posted speed limit, but less than thirty-four (34) miles per hour above the posted speed limit, shall be eligible for a Type LPX limited driving permit.
(b) Any person under whose driver’s license has been suspended pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-57.1 as a result of a second conviction for violating O.C.G.A. §40-6-391 within five (5) years as calculated between the dates of the incidents shall be eligible for a Type LP2 ignition interlock limited driving permit. Such permit shall be issued to any eligible customer upon receipt of documentation satisfactory to the Department that such customer has satisfied the following requirements:
1. Completed a DUI Drug or Alcohol Use Risk Reduction Program;
2. Completed a substance abuse evaluation and treatment, if recommended by such evaluation;
3. Installation of an ignition interlock device upon such vehicle(s) that will be operated by the customer.
(2) The fee for issuance of said permit shall be $25.00. The permit shall be valid for six (6) months. Permits issued pursuant to this regulation may be renewed for the same term as initially issued upon payment of a renewal fee of $5.00.
(3) Any person who did not have a valid Georgia driver’s license immediately prior to the imposition of the suspension of his or her driver’s license or driving privilege under O.C.G.A. §40-5-57.1 shall not be eligible for a limited driving permit under this regulation.
(4) No other suspensions imposed pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-57.1 shall be eligible for the issuance of a limited driving permit.
Authority: 40-5-4, 40-5-64
Filed Date: 8/24/2010
Effective Date: 9/13/2010