(1) No driver training school or limited driver training school shall employ or otherwise engage any individual to give classroom instruction or behind the wheel instruction unless the individual has a valid current driver training instructor's license issued by the Department for that specific school.
(a) It shall be the duty and responsibility of each driver training school owner, limited driver training school owner or secondary school designated representative to ensure all instructors associated with their school have met all requirements for licensure and have in their possession a valid instructor’s license.
(b) It shall be the duty of the driver training school owner, limited driver training school owner or secondary school designated representative and/or the instructor to ensure that all students who attend are on time for all sessions of the course, maintain correct deportment while on the premises of the school, and that all student rescheduling for missed sessions are completed within six (6) months. If courses are being taught via distance learning, this authority may be delegated to a proctor if a licensed instructor is not on site at the distance-learning site.
(2) Qualified and recognized experts in the fields of driver education, driver training, traffic regulation or motor vehicle safety may give occasional classroom lectures without having a driver training instructor's license. Schools must provide the Department with a list of such experts in advance at least once a quarter.
(3) Each driver-training instructor or proctor employed by or associated with any driver training school shall be deemed an agent of the school and the school shall share the responsibility for all acts performed by the instructor or proctor which are within the scope of his or her employment and which occur during the course of his or her employment.
(4) If a licensed instructor leaves the employment of or otherwise terminates his association with any driver training school or limited driver training school the school shall immediately notify the Department, in writing. Said notice shall contain the following information:
(a) The name, address, and license number of the school;
(b) The name, address, and license number of the instructor;
(c) The date of and reason for the termination date of his/her employment.
(5) The instructor or driver training school owner or secondary school representative shall furnish each student who successfully completes a Driver Training thirty (30) hours of classroom and six (6) hours of actual behind the wheel training preparatory course offered to assist persons to meet the requirements for licensed driving of Class C or Class M motor vehicles in this state, a Certificate of Completion prescribed by the Department.