1) Must have held a Driver Training School license for a minimum of two (2) years.
(a) Must have vehicles registered with the Department for the purpose of conducting training and/or testing.
(b) Must maintain adequate driver records reflecting the driver history of each Examiner.
(c) Must enter into a Driver's License Third Party Tester Agreement with the Department.
(d) Agree to have the Third Party Tester Program monitored by the Department.
(e) The skills test plan must be approved by an authorized member of the Department prior to being used.
(f) Tester applicants shall be issued a certification card upon approval from the Department. These certifications shall expire four (4) years from the date of issuance,
unless suspended, revoked, or cancelled, and must be renewed every four (4) years thereafter.
2) Shall ensure that Examiners submit to the Department Program Manager or Monitor a testing schedule for all testing to be conducted. This schedule will be submitted and received
on Friday prior to the week of testing. A 24-hour notice will be given for cancellation. The Program Manager or Monitor may approve changes in schedule as necessary. Testing at
times and dates not submitted on the schedule or Department approved changes will violate the agreement between the Tester and the Department.
3) Must ensure that all examiners employed by the Tester are certified by the Department and that the Examiners comply with the Department Rules and Regulations, all applicable
state laws and Department instructions.
4) Test Administration
(a) Skill tests will be conducted strictly in accordance with policy used by the Department Examiners. Such instruction may include information on skills test content, route
selection/revision, test forms, Examiner procedures, and administration procedures and/or changes.
(b) Skills tests shall be conducted:
1. On test routes approved by the Department.
2. In a vehicle representative of the class and type of vehicle for which the applicant seeks to be certified and for which the Examiner is qualified to test.
3. Using the Department approved content, forms, and scoring procedures.
4. Only on approved days of the week during daylight hours only.
5) Only students who have successfully completed a thirty (30) hour classroom and six (6) hours of behind the wheel training at a licensed driver training school with approval from
the Department may be tested.
6) Examiners must complete each test before beginning another test and may not start a test within forty-five (45) minutes of starting the previous test.
7) Examiners shall not administer any part of the test unless the Examiner's certification identification card is current and valid and the Examiner is wearing or visibly displaying the
card on the Examiner's person.