(1) No license, certificate, or permit as provided for by the Georgia Driver Training School License Act will be issued to any applicant who has been convicted of any felony or any crime involving violence, dishonesty, deceit, fraud, indecency or moral turpitude unless such applicant has received a pardon and can produce evidence of such pardon to the Department. When requested, each applicant will furnish a copy of the disposition of any case.
(2) No employee of the Department, nor any member of the immediate family of such an employee, shall be connected in any manner with any driver training school licensed by the Department.
(3) The school shall agree to permit the Department to inspect the school and all records or documents pertaining thereto during normal business hours, and the Department shall have the right and privilege of reproducing such records or documents, as it deems necessary. Normal business hours shall be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. One-hour flexibility in the time may be observed as long as the school is opened eight (8) hours per day.
(4) The school must exhibit on each motor vehicle registered by the Department for the purpose of driver instruction a sign identifying the school by name. This identification may be painted on the front, side or rear of the vehicle, in clearly legible block letters not less than two (2) inches in size. If the identification is not painted on the rear of the vehicle, a portable sign must be attached securely to the rear bumper or to the top of the vehicle so that it is visible from the rear, provided that such sign conforms to the above requirements. All road vehicles must have a DOT number issued by the Department and must be readily readable from a distance of fifty (50) feet.
(a) A sign must be visible from the rear of the vehicle in clear legible block letters not less than two (2) inches in size with the words STUDENT DRIVER.
(5) An owner, instructor, employee, or agent of a commercial driver training school shall not imply, directly or indirectly, to a student that his driver license will be obtained upon the completion of a course of driving instruction by the school.
(6) It shall be the duty and responsibility of the commercial driver training school, or its instructor or agent, to determine that a student possesses a valid Georgia instructional permit for the class of vehicle he or she is learning to operate before any on street driving instruction is initiated.
(7) No person shall perform any instructional duties as an owner or employee of any commercial driver training school or branch thereof unless such person shall meet the qualifications for an instructor as herein provided, and all instructional personnel must possess a valid instructor's license issued by the Department.
(8) The instructor's license and the vehicle registration card issued by the Department must be carried in the school vehicle at all times whenever driving instructions are being given.
(9) No commercial driver training school instructor, employee or agent will be permitted to accompany any student into any office maintained and operated by the Department for the purpose of administering driver license examinations or issuing driver licenses.
(10) No commercial driver training school instructor, employee or agent will be permitted to loiter in or on the premises maintained by the Department for the purpose of administering driver license examinations or issuing driver licenses.
(11) No commercial driver training school instructor, employee or agent will be permitted to solicit any individual for the purpose of enrolling such person in any course or service of the school while on the premises or in any office or facility of the Department.
(12) No commercial driver training school instructor, employee or agent will be permitted to use the premises or any office or facility maintained by the Department to give driving instructions to any student.
(13) No commercial driver training school instructor, employee or agent shall be attired in any uniform or clothing which would give the appearance of being a member or employee of the Department.
(14) Whenever any school or branch thereof shall be discontinued for any reason, the license of such school or branch shall be surrendered to the Department immediately.
(15) Whenever any employee licensed by the Department is separated from such school for any reason, the school shall notify the Department immediately in writing of such separation, giving the name, license number, if applicable, and date of such separation.
(16) No commercial driver training school may sell, transfer, exchange, trade or otherwise dispose of any contract, part of a contract, agreement or obligation by or between any school and any student or instructor unless the school has obtained the written consent of the student.
(17) No student may sell, transfer, exchange, trade, or otherwise dispose of any contract, part of a contract, agreement or obligation by or between the school and any student and/or instructor, unless the student has obtained the written consent of the school.
(18) All commercial driving training schools must provide classroom, range and road training and have proper equipment available for the students.