Terms used in these rules have the following meaning:
(1) “Certificate” means a certificate issued by the Department of Public Safety, whether interim or permanent.
(2) “Chauffeur” means any person who meets the qualifications as prescribed in
O.C.G.A. §§40-1-151(2) and 40-5-39 and who is authorized by the Department of Driver Services to operate a limousine.
(3) “DPS” means the Georgia Department of Public Safety.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Driver Services.
(5) “For hire” means any activity wherein a limousine and driver are furnished to transport passengers within the State of Georgia for compensation.
(6) “Limousine” means any motor vehicle that meets the definition set forth in O.C.G.A. §40-1-151(4).
(7) “Limousine carrier” means any person operating a service regularly rendered to the public by furnishing transportation for hire, not over fixed routes, by means of limousines, or extended limousines, on the basis of telephone contract or written contract.