375-5-5-.06 General Regulations
(1) Any customer who is authorized to operate a limousine shall have his or her driver’s license endorsed to reflect such privilege. Customers holding a valid and unexpired chauffeur’s permit issued prior to July 1, 2012 may have their driver’s licenses updated to reflect the chauffeur’s endorsement at any time, but no later than the expiration date of such permit.
(2) Every chauffeur employed by a limousine carrier shall have a valid and unexpired chauffeur’s permit issued prior to July 1, 2012 or his or her valid driver’s license bearing a chauffeur’s endorsement in his or her immediate possession at all times while operating a limousine.
(3) In the event a chauffeur is required to surrender his or her driver’s license pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-67, he or she may continue to operate limousines unless and until a suspension or his or her endorsement or driving privilege is imposed, and the temporary driving permit issued at the time of his or her arrest shall be documentation such privilege.
(4) Chauffeur endorsements shall be valid for the term of the holder’s driver’s license unless it has been suspended, revoked, or cancelled.
(5) All complaints filed against the chauffeur endorsement holder must be in writing and plainly state the allegations against the permit holder.
(6) The chauffeur endorsement holder must be cognizant of the safety of the passengers at all times.
(7) Applicants for chauffeur endorsements are subject to the background investigations mandated in O.C.G.A. §40-5-39 at the time of making an initial application and at renewal thereof. Applicants holding chauffeur permits issued prior to July 1, 2012 and/or driver’s license endorsements issued after July 1, 2012 must submit to a new background investigation before such privilege can be renewed and/or added to his or her driver’s license. In the event a customer fails to satisfy the background requirement prior to the expiration of his or her previously issued chauffeur’s permit or endorsement, he or she may not be issued a driver’s license bearing such endorsement until after the background requirement is met. He or she may renew his or her underlying driver’s license, but such license shall not reflect the limousine chauffeur endorsement, and he or she shall be prohibited from operating a limousine without such endorsement.
Authority: O.C.G.A. §§40-5-39; 40-16-5.
Filed Date: 1/22/2013
Effective Date: 2/11/2013