(1) The school bus inspection program shall apply to every public school bus as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-1-1 which is owned by a state, county, or municipal government or under contract by any independent system.
(2) The Enforcement Division is responsible for both the administrative and inspectional tasks as provided by these rules.
(3) Inspectors shall declare “out of service” any school bus which, by reasons of its mechanical condition or loading would be likely to cause a crash or suffer a breakdown. No school system, contract carrier, or individual shall require, nor shall any person operate, any school bus that has been declared “out of service” until all repairs required by the “out of service” notice issued by the inspector have been satisfactorily completed.
(4) Inspectors shall declare a bus “out of service” by placing an out of service sticker on the bus. Out of service stickers shall not be removed until all repairs required by the out of service notice have been satisfactorily completed.
(5) When a bus has been declared “out of service,” certification of repairs shall be forwarded to Department Headquarters by the mechanic or other school official within ten (10) days of the completion of repairs.