(1) Uniform Traffic Accident Reports shall be in a form prescribed by the Department of Motor Vehicle Safety.
(2) All Georgia law enforcement agencies are required to submit Uniform Traffic Accident Reports through their particular chief law enforcement officer to the Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety. Said reports shall be filed in all accidents which result in injury or death of any person or property damage to an apparent extent of $500.00 or more, and occur on public roads, streets and highways of this State, including county and municipal roads.
(3) Reports must be submitted to the Accident Reporting Unit of the Department of Motor Vehicle Safety, within fifteen (15) days after the end of the month in which the report was prepared or received.
(4) Uniform Traffic Accident Reports must be typewritten or printed legibly in black ink. The Department of Motor Vehicle Safety may return illegible reports to the appropriate investigating agency for correction; such returned forms must be resubmitted to the Department within four days of the agency receipt.
(5) Uniform Traffic Accident Reports may be submitted electronically in accordance with the current Georgia Standards for Electronic Crash Reporting Software, as promulgated by the Department.