(1) Coach Trainers shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
(a) Maintain all qualifications that pertain to Coaches;
(b) successfully complete anapproved Coach Trainer course; and
(c) be available to conduct Coach Preparation courses, technical functions, teach both approved courses and maintain certification;
(d) have an acceptable conclusion to the results obtained by the Department’s standard background check, and;
(e) maintain a satisfactory driving record.
(2) The Coach Trainer’s certificate will expire three (3) years from the date of issuance.
(3) Applications for renewal must be submitted thirty (30) days prior to the date of expiration.
(4) Coach Trainers allowing their certificate to expire will not be permitted to instruct in the Motorcycle Safety Program and shall have to requalify and retrain for a new certificate under the then current requirements for an initial applicant.
(5) The Department may revoke or suspend a Coach Trainer’s certification if it becomes aware of violations of any qualifications, laws, rules and regulations or falsification of documents.
(6) A Coach Trainer whose certificate has been revoked or suspended may request a hearing in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(7) A revoked or suspended Coach Trainer certificate must be returned to the Department.
(8) All Coach Trainer candidates shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
(a) possess, for at least four (4) years prior to making application, a Georgia Class M License/Endorsement or other state’s equivalent to same license;
(b) be a certified Coach for at least two (2) years and have taught a minimum of six (6) basic rider courses, and;
(c) make application and be accepted an approved Coach Trainer course.
(d) successfully complete a Department background check.