(1) Only certified Coach Trainers and Coaches can teach in approved programs.
(2) Training may be conducted in any calendar year.
(3) Only certified Coaches can issue a license waiver to those students they have personally trained.
(4) Each student enrolled in experienced license waiver courses shall be required to use their own personal motorcycle for on-cycle instruction (subject to passing safety inspection prior to course beginning).
(5) No motorcycle with a defect which could impair handling or control will be permitted into training programs or courses.
(6) Off-road motorcycles or extensively modified “choppers” (handlebars more than fifteen (15) inches above seat, rake exceeding thirty-seven (37) degrees and trail exceeding eight (8) inches) will not be permitted into training program or courses.
(7) Students and instructional personnel will be required to wear all protective riding apparel during any and all on-cycle training.
(8) Minimal instruction for the basic license waiver courses will commence in proper sequence and in accordance with the current GMSP Operations Manual, Sponsor Specification or as directed by the Program Administrator.
(9) In order to successfully complete a basic license waiver course, students must meet the Motorcycle Safety Program standards for passing scores on a knowledge evaluation, a riding skills evaluation and attend all classroom and range training sessions.
(10) Minimal instruction for the experienced license waiver course will commence in proper sequence and in accordance with the current GMSP Operations Manual, Sponsor Specification or as directed by the Program Administrator.
(11) In order to successfully complete experienced license waiver courses, students must attend all classroom and on-cycle training sessions and obtain a passing score on a knowledge evaluation and a riding skills evaluation.
(12) Rates of pay for Coaches shall be established annually by the Department
(13) Any deviations of established pay scales must be approved by the Program Administrator prior to the beginning of any class offerings. In the absence of such approval, sponsors shall compensate their instructors in accordance with the requirements of this Chapter.